Spring Wellness_ Try these rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory foods and simple food combinations for an easy daily boost of antioxidants, flavonoids, and polyphenols, to reduce the effects of free-radical damage, stress, and systemic inflammation naturally.
What are antioxidants?
We all know that inflammation is the leading cause of an assortment of illness - stress caused by physical, emotional or mental trauma that can be long-term or just a bad day, but leaves us feeling washed-out. Antioxidants aid the body in reducing oxidation - one of the drivers of inflammation, and aid SOD (superoxide dismutase) to reduce systemic inflammation and disease associated with it. Try these simple food combinations to give your body a boost of natural antioxidants, flavonoids and polyphenols.
- Turmeric + black pepper + Chilli (folate, iron, Vit A, K and E + Thiamin)
- Papaya + lemon + raw oats + cinnamon (Stabilises blood sugar, aids digestion + alkalising)
- Basil + Kale + Spinach (Calcium, manganese and Potassium)
- Goji Berries + wild berries (Highest natural source of anti-oxidants available in food form)
- Artichoke + beets + EVO (EVO contains oleocanthal, EVO phenolics have beneficial effects on inflammation, antioxidant status, antimicrobial activity, as well as other biological markers of non- communicable disease)*
*Read the Study